What is AISI 4130 Grade
The AISI or SAE 4130 grade is a low-alloy steel with strengthening agents such as chromium and molybdenum. AISI 4130, is a chromium molybdenum alloy steel. The steel is good strength and rugged, as well as weldable and machinability. The AISI/SAE 4130 alloy is a flexible alloy with excellent atmospheric corrosion resistance and reasonable strength. It demonstrates excellent overall combinations of strength, resilience, and fatigue power.
What is AISI 4130 Elbow
Elbows are used to reverse the flow direction between two pipes. Elbows are commonly available in 22.5°, 45 Degree and 90 Degree Angles. Standard elbows are used where the pipes are the same diameter; otherwise, Reducer Elbows are used. Elbows are constructed from a variety of materials. These usually have feminine threads and can be repaired using butt or socket welding. The AISI 4130 Elbow is used to connect pipe fittings that are inserted into the hollow area of the pipe.
AISI 4130 Elbow Advantages
- AISI 4130 Elbows are usually used only to attach fittings with small pipe diameters and bores.
- AISI 4130 Elbows are useful in building where high leakage is a problem, and they have excellent structural stability and are suitable for complicated structures.
- AISI 4130 Elbows good most other traditional fittings in terms of fatigue tolerance. It has an instantaneous compatible model that’s suitable for permanent mechanical joints
- AISI 4130 Elbow is suitable for costly and hazardous, transporting flammable, materials without any leaks.
- Elbows made of AISI 4130 are used to make permanent joints with strong flow properties. AISI 4130 Elbows reach international standards and cover pressure design codes.
- Surface inspections should be used to examine the AISI 4130 Elbow. The design expense is reduced as a result of the precise fitting criteria and the avoidance of over-machining.
- AISI 4130 Elbows are mainly generated as a result of both hot and cold working activities. Cold working operations attain the desired mechanical structure, and the resistance potential increases without brittleness. This grade is particularly resistant to corrosive conditions both general and local.
- 4130 Elbows are resistant to deformation at higher temperatures and pressures. This grade has excellent corrosion resistance in a wide range of corrosive conditions. It is also effective in chemical reduction areas for phosphoric acids, nitric acids, sulphides, chlorides, and a variety of other chemicals.
- Furthermore, AISI 4130 Elbows is highly effective against both organic and inorganic compounds. These elbows are enormous resistant to pitting & crevice corrosion
- AISI 4130 Elbows has great performace at high heating temperatures with no further degradation of mechanical properties. It is quite weldable.